Each year, your support for Desert Botanical Garden has helped us promote and carry out essential conservation and research initiatives that protect our saguaro population, provide educational offerings for children like summer camps, as well as maintain and care for the living collection.
Your support is essential to the Garden’s sustainability efforts in 2024 and beyond. Below are 10 easy ways you can support the Garden. From paying a visit to the Garden, becoming a member, participating in one of several community science projects, learn how you can support your Garden.
1. Honor someone special in your life. Dedicate a candlelit Luminaria Tribute Bag with a personal commemoration before Dec. 13 or consider honoring your loved one with a Archer House Tribute Tile in the Garden.
2. Visit dbg.org/give today to make a fully tax-deductible gift to the Garden before December 31 where your gift will have twice the impact on vital conservation efforts in 2023 and beyond. Thanks to a generous group of donors, your gift will be matched dollar-for-dollar up to $50,000!
3. A Membership to the Garden makes the perfect gift—a gift they won’t outgrow or break, a gift that’s good for the soul and the community. Enjoy unlimited admission, discounts on special events and more!
4. Work from wherever while advocating for the environment. See if your company offers a matching gift program using our search engine. Ask your company if they offer gift matching for current or retired employees.
5. Here’s a tax-smart tip for those 70 ½ and above: Give to the Garden directly through your IRA and pay no income tax. Gifts of any value $100,000 or less are eligible. Beginning in the year you turn 73, you can use your donation to satisfy all or part of your required minimum distribution (RMD). Learn more about the IRA rollover here.
6. Become a citizen scientist by joining the Garden’s initiative Desert Refuge to help track monarch butterflies during the winter in the Arizona. You can help document urban biodiversity and make plant science open to everyone.
7. Whether you want to grow your horticulture knowledge or design the home garden of your dreams, take a course from the Desert Landscape School. (Members enjoy enrollment discounts.) A sustainable garden is great for your budget and kind to the planet.
8. Make a forever impact by including Desert Botanical Garden in your estate plan. A gift in your will or trust costs you nothing today and makes a world of impact for future generations of desert-dwellers and plant life.
9. Do you have a yoga enthusiast, painter or hobbyist photographer in your life? Know someone who prefers making memories over material gifts? Creativity and learning have no age limit!
The Garden’s commitment to the community is to advance excellence in education, research, exhibition and conservation of desert plants of the world with emphasis on the Sonoran Desert.
Thank you for being part of a thriving year for research and preservation of the Sonoran Desert.