Visit the library to use our specialized reference collection. Topics & Resources include:
- Desert gardening, landscaping and sustainable practice guides
- Rare and endangered plant resources
- Desert natural history, ecology and wildlife books
- Plant evolution and taxonomy resources
- Ethnobotany (people’s uses of and relationship with plants)
- Medicinal plant guides
- Botanical illustration
Available by appointment with the librarian.
Our outstanding collection of rare books and botanical art prints date from the 16th through the 19th centuries and reveal the early history of plant discovery.
Archived collections include the research materials of noted botanists Lyman Benson and Edward F. Anderson, as well as historic papers and photographs of the Garden.