Gluten-Free Collard Green Veggie Hummus Wrap
- 2 Tablespoons hummus, any flavor
- ¼ Cup carrots, thin sliced
- ¼ Cup green onion, finely sliced
- ¼ Cup kalamata olives, sliced
- ¼ Cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- ¼ Cup banana peppers, sliced
- ¼ Cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 Collard green leaves
- ¼ Cup red onions, sliced
- ¼ Cup olive or walnut oil
- Salt and pepper for taste
Take ribs out of collard green leaves, while leaving the rest of each leaf intact. Rub each leaf with a teaspoon of olive or walnut oil. Lay two leaves on top of each other, with the bottoms at opposite ends. Spread hummus down, then lay vegetables down one at a time. Roll up the leaves tightly into a wrap, tucking in the ends (similar to a burrito). Slice in half and serve as is or with a dipping sauce or dressing. You should have a beautiful rainbow spectrum snack!
Pro tip: Add your favorite seeds like pumpkin, sunflower or hemp seed to bump up the protein in the recipe!
- 2 Tablespoons tahini paste
- 2-16 Ounce cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ½ Cup to 1 cup walnut oil or avocado oil, as desired
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 1 Teaspoon cumin
- 1 Teaspoon salt and pepper
Combine all ingredients but the oil into a large blender, and start the blender on low. Slowly add the oil and gradually increase blender speed to medium high, until smooth. Enjoy as is or add extra flavors.
- Cilantro lime (¼ cup chopped cilantro, juice of two limes)
- ¼ Cup roasted red pepper
- Buffalo (¼ cup Frank’s Red Hot and ¼ cup Earth Balance butter to replace ¼ cup oil)
Pro tip: Save your garbanzo bean water and cut out the oil completely or ½ of the oil amount and replace with garbanzo bean water. Make it colorful by adding ½ cup of cooked beets to your hummus.