Every now and then it is nice to mix things up—even a tried and true guacamole recipe. Gertrude’s Restaurant shares one of their fan-favorites, which is a fresh take on this classic dip.
Prep: 10 minutes
Yield: Six servings
- Two medium-sized ripe avocados
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, stems removed, fine chop
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds (arils)
- Chips or assorted crudité for serving
- Halve and pit the avocados, then scoop out the flesh into a large bowl.
- Add the red onion, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, and salt and pepper to the bowl, mashing the mixture together with two forks until it reaches your desired consistency.