THREE SISTERS SOUP
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 6 cups Butternut Squash, peeled, cubed
- 4 Celery Stalks
- 4 Jumbo Carrots, peeled
- 4 Poblano Peppers, seeded
- 8 cups Water
- 1 tablespoon Cumin, ground
- 1 tablespoon Coriander, ground
- .5 cup Maple Syrup
- 1.5 cups Red Posole (hominy), cooked
- .5 cup Garbanzo Beans, boiled soft and fried
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil
In a large pan, sauté onions, squash, carrots, celery, and peppers in canola oil until onions begin turning translucent. Add cumin, coriander, and maple, cooking until fragrant. Add water and boil until squash is very soft. Remove from heat, puree while hot. Add salt to taste. Stir in posole.
Garnish with crisped garbanzo.
Recipe courtesy of Gertrude’s Restaurant