- 1 Pound of carrots, peeled, tops removed, cut in 2-inch chunks
- ½ Cup garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 Each, 15.5 ounce cup of garbanzo beans, drained (reserve the liquid)
- 2 Tablespoon Tahini
- 1/2 Tablespoon Turmeric, powdered
- Pinch Ginger, powdered
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 2 Tablespoon Virgin Olive Oil (try infused oil for more flavor enhancement)
- ½ Cup jicama, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ Cup carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
Toss the carrot chunks and garlic cloves in a small amount of olive oil and season with salt. Bake in a covered pan at 350˚for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until very tender, cool completely. Place the carrots and garlic, garbanzos, tahini, salt, turmeric, ginger and lemon juice in a food processor. Process until smooth scraping the bowl once or twice. Add the olive oil and pulse to incorporate. If necessary, add a small amount of the reserved liquid from the garbanzos and pulse to achieve the desired consistency.
Chill the hummus and enjoy with iced jicama and carrot slices. Yield: 1 lb. 12 oz.