Was your New Year’s resolution to try healthy recipes and dishes? Gertrude’s Restaurant has you covered with this delish lentil salad recipe that includes an orange sumac vinaigrette dressing, sweet potatoes, fried garbanzos and lentils. Try it yourself for your next dinner occasion.
This is multiple recipes for a single dish.
Orange sumac Vinaigrette
- 2 Oranges, juiced and zested
- 1 Oz. sumac
- .25 Cup champagne vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- .25 Teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 Cup canola oil
Combine all ingredients in tight-sealing jar, shake vigorously until thoroughly combined.
Achiote Roasted Sweet Potato
- .25 Cup orange juice
- .25 Cup achiote paste
- 2 Tablespoons of canola oil
- 1 Diced sweet potatoes
- 2 Teaspoons of salt
Mix oil, achiote paste, orange juice and salt in large bowl. Add sweet potatoes and toss to coat. Spread on sheet pan lined with parchment paper (or lightly sprayed aluminum foil) and roast at 450 degrees until tender.
1 Can of garbanzo beans
Open can, rinse beans well and drain completely. Fry in canola oil at 350 degrees until golden and crispy throughout. Season with salt while still warm.
Lentil Salad Mix
- 2 #Cooked lentils, any variety (Gertrude’s uses a vegetable stock for additional flavor)
- 1 Medium red onion, diced
- 2 Beefsteak or 4 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 Bunch parsley, chopped finely
- .75 Cup Orange Sumac Vinaigrette
Mix all items thoroughly and season to taste with salt.
To build the salad, place the mix in a serving bowl along-side spring mix, top with crispy garbanzo and roasted sweet potato. Drizzle greens with additional vinaigrette as desired.
Recipe courtesy of Gertrude’s Restaurant.