Fido shouldn’t be left out of all the extra time you have been spending in the kitchen. Give your pup a natural treat they will love with this delicious dog treat recipe!
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour (all purpose is fine)
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup water or milk
- 1 large egg
- 4 strips cooked bacon (save the grease) chopped into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cook bacon and save the grease.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together the pumpkin, water or milk and egg until smooth. Whisk in the bacon and bacon grease.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix gently. You may need to use your hands.
- Turn out dough onto a floured surface and roll out to approximately 1/4″ thick. Use desired shape cookie cutter, reroll and cut again. Bake biscuits for 30 minutes, flipping treats over halfway through baking. Store dog biscuits covered at room temperature. Treats may be frozen, up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature.