A refreshing summer drink with summer heat bearing down on us, staying hydrated and refreshed is an essential part of our well-being.
An all-time favorite in many families is Lemonade. But, did you know that lemonade has a long history, from Egypt to Paris, Italy and the Americas?
Lemons have traveled throughout the world and our history. We just can’t seem to get enough of this delicious and nutritious treat. Lemons contain vitamin c which may protect against immune system deficiencies, cardiovascular disease, prenatal health problems, eye disease and even skin wrinkling.
Making homemade drinks also limits the number of additives and other ingredients that are in more popular drinks like soda. Adding agave nectar, which is sweeter than sugar, is a great alternative to high fructose corn syrup. Try this new twist on lemonade that was inspired by travels to Mexico.
- 1 Lime
- Sparkling Water
- Agave or Sugar (1 tbsp. or to taste) These amounts are for a 16 oz. glass
- Squeeze lime juice into a tall glass
- Add sweetener to lime and mix until it is combined
- Add sparkling water and ice
- You can top it off with a mint leaf if you’re feeling extra fancy.