Spiced Rosemary Citrus Cookies
Courtesy of Rebekah Swift, Pastry Chef, Fabulous Food Fine Catering
and Events and Gertrude’s at Desert Botanical Garden
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp.vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp. each: orange zest, Lemon zest, & Lime zest
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, nutmeg, salt, and baking powder until combined; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream softened butter and sugar with a hand mixer or standing mixer with paddle attachment until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, scraping after each addition. Add vanilla, rosemary, and zest and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix only until combined. Do not over mix.
- Form dough into a disk shape, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Once dough is chilled, lay out onto a generously floured surface. Roll out the dough to an even ¾ inch thickness.
- Use a cookie cutter to punch out your cookies into your desired shape. Gently transfer to a parchment-lined sheet pan and chill in the fridge for another hour.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 8-10 minutes.