DATE: Dec. 17
TIME: 5:30 - 9:30 p.m.
PRICE: Members: Adult $34.95, Youth $14.95 | General Admission: $39.95, Youth: $16.95
The Mexican holiday tradition of La Posada returns this holiday season. Guests can enjoy singing processions, traditional Mexican food and drinks, as well as the breaking of piñatas for children.
Las Posadas are a Mexican religious tradition celebrated nine days leading up to Christmas. The festivities reenact Mary and Joseph’s quest for shelter in Bethlehem. Participants, often dressed in costumes, sing traditional songs, visit neighboring homes, and ask for shelter until a household symbolically welcomes them with open arms. Once inside the home, people celebrate with delicious food, lively music, the breaking of piñatas, and the distribution of aguinaldos, which are candy bags in Spanish, especially for children.
Plus, experience Fernando Botero: El Maestro in the Garden and in Dorrance Hall, where a harmony of color and beauty come together in paintings, drawings and monumental sculpture.
For entertainment schedule, click here.
- Tres Souls
For the last decade Los Angeles based trio Tres Souls starring Rocio Mendoza, Roberto Carlos and Jesus Martinez have serenaded audiences in California and beyond. With their own interpretations of a genre called “Bolero,” they relive the vintage sounds and songs of the 40s-60s, stylized during the Golden Era of Mexican Cinema.
- The Kings Carolers
- Mariachi Rubor
- Herencia Mexicana
- Cachito Dance Company
- Valley View Eagle
Know Before You Go
- Please enter at your ticketed time. Advance reservations are required and entry times have limited capacity. The last guest admission is 8:30 p.m.
- Parking is complimentary. Please allow extra time to park and enter at your designated time.
- Food and beverage options available for purchase. Advanced reservations are recommended for Gertrude’s restaurant.
- Bars offering a variety of holiday drinks are available throughout the Garden and accept debit and credit only.
- Garden Shop is open until 10 p.m. Members receive a 10% discount upon presentation of a valid Membership card at checkout.
- Electric scooters and wheelchairs can be rented at the SRP Visitor Center on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Click here to see La Posada menu.
- Click here to see Gertrude’s menu.
- Click here to see weather cancelation policy.