Gardening & Horticulture
Gardening in the desert southwest presents its own set of challenges and rewards. But at the Desert Botanical Garden, you’ll find expert staff, sound advice and the answers to all your desert landscaping questions with our one-stop resource designed to help and support you. Here, you’ll find everything you need from our gardening and horticulture specialists who are dedicated to:
- Supporting the Garden’s commitment to the community
- Conserving desert plants of the world with an emphasis on the Southwest
- Educating the community about good gardening practices
- Providing a resource that can help people tackle desert landscaping issues
Keep your desert landscaping looking healthy and vibrant all year long with resources from the Garden:
Gardening Tips from the Experts
- Gardening tips for every month of the year
- Find answers to frequently asked gardening questions
- Learn how to grow desert plants with our gardening guides
- Explore the Garden through the gardening video log
- Get the latest info about our bi-annual plant sale
Call our plant hotline at 480 481.8120 Monday – Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., to get immediate answers for your desert landscape questions, or email us (planthotline[at]dbg.org) with questions.
Desert Landscape School
Receive in-depth training and certification in horticultural techniques and landscaping.
With approximately fifty acres under cultivation, something is always blooming at the Desert Botanical Garden. The Garden is the premiere showplace featuring desert plants from around the world, all of which have various means of attracting pollinators (and cameras). Flowers might be obvious and flamboyant, or less conspicuous and diminutive; open at night or during the day; common or very rare. Visit us frequently to experience them all.