Spring Butterfly Exhibit
March 7, 2015 - May 10, 2015
9:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. | Daily
Maxine and Jonathan Marshall Butterfly Pavilion
- Free for members and children under 3
- Become a member today for free annual admission.
- $3.50 for general public with paid Garden admission
Take a stroll through the beautiful Marshall Butterfly Pavilion and find yourself surrounded by hundreds of fluttering butterflies. Watch as butterflies sip nectar and bask in the sun in this lush and colorful habitat. Special outdoor displays showcase plants that attract butterflies.
Download a butterfly identification guide.
Supported by The Fred Maytag Family Foundation.
Meet the caterpillars
Saturdays , March 7 - April 18 | 10 - 11 a.m.
Join us Saturday mornings to learn more about the caterpillars that turn into the beautiful butterflies you see in the Marshall Butterfly Pavilion and fluttering around the Garden. Want to know how a caterpillar forms a chrysalis or why some caterpillars have spines? Get a hands-on, up-close look at the caterpillars and go on a butterfly walk with a naturalist to learn more about butterfly host-plants (limit 25 people per walk). No RSVP required. First come, first served.
- Members are Free. Become a member today for free annual admission.
- General Public: $3.50 with paid Garden admission
- Children under three free.