DATE: Oct. 1 - 2
TIME: 12 - 6 p.m.
PRICE: Included with membership or Garden admission
Enjoy the colorful celebration of Guelaguetza at the Garden. Guelaguetza is an annual indigenous cultural event in Mexico that takes place in the city of Oaxaca. Immerse yourself in art, music, dance and enjoy the flavors of Oaxaca’s eight regions. Join a colorful Oaxacan Calenda (parade), try some spicy and sweet mole, visit the mercado and don’t forget to sample some mezcal.
Opening Calenda | 12:30 p.m.
Afternoon Calenda | 3:30 p.m.
A festive and colorful parade through the Garden
Dorrance Hall/Boppart Courtyard | 12 p.m.
MUSIC AND PERFORMANCES
- Chinas Oaxaqueñas | 1 p.m.
- Huautla de Jiménez | 1:25 p.m.
- Betaza | 1:50 p.m
- Jarabe Ejuteco | 2:15 p.m.
- Danza de la Pluma | 2:40 p.m.
- Sones Itsmeños | 3:05 p.m.
- BREAK | 3:30 p.m.
- Jarabe Mixteco | 4 p.m.
- Pinotepa | 4:20 p.m.
- Fandango Miahuateco | 4:40 p.m.
- Sones de Putla | 5 p.m.
- Flor de Piña| 5:20 p.m.
- Jarabe del Valle | 5:40 p.m.
- Food & beverage available for purchase from Las 15 Salsas
- Mezcal Tasting
Must be 21+ to sample
- Patio Café at Ullman Terrace
- Gertrude’s Restaurant
- Signature Drink: Spicy Pineapple Mezcal
Beer, wine, soda and water available for purchase
Credit card payment only at bars.
- Handcrafted textiles
Érica Guadalupe Santiago Méndez
Virginia Pérez Reyes
Ricarda García Merino
María Révilla Tizo
Rosario Cruz Martínez
Máyela Fuentes Muruaga
Cash only. ATM located near admissions.