Before You Visit
general admissions | free admission opportunities | wifi at the garden | tips for visiting
getting to the garden | inclement weather, pet & photography policy
The Garden is open rain or shine, seven days a week, year round except for July 4, Thanksgiving Day and December 25.
Download a Garden Trail Guide.
When you visit the Desert Botanical Garden you will be given a Visitors Guide & Event Calendar that includes the Garden's trail map. The publication is produced for the Garden by ON Media Publications at no expense to the Garden. It is supported by the advertisers in the publication. We hope you will support the advertisers. Click here for more information about ON Media.
Pardon our dust! Beginning June 1st a small portion of the Desert Discovery Loop Trail near historic Webster Center will be closed for renovation. A new exhibit, the Heritage Garden, will open in Fall 2015. Each of the Garden’s five trails will remain open throughout the renovation process.
October - April: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. | 7 a.m. for members Wednesday & Sunday
May - September: 7 a.m. - 8 p.m. | 6 a.m. for members Wednesday & Sunday
The Garden is closed on July 4, Thanksgiving Day and December 25.
Become a member today for unlimited annual admissions!
- Adult: $22
- Senior: $20 (60 years and older)
- Student: $12 (13 – 18 and college with ID)
- Child $10 (3 – 12)
- Children under 3 are admitted free.
Free Admission Opportunities
Garden admission is free the second Tuesday of every month, from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
You can also visit the Garden and other Valley arts and cultural attractions using the Culture Pass. For more details, click the logo below:
Free Wi-Fi is available in five locations within the Desert Botanical Garden:
• the area in front of Admissions
• Ottosen Entry Garden,
• Boppart Courtyard,
• the Center for Desert Living Trail, and
• Ullman Terrace.
Please look for the Wi-Fi signs. Click here to download the Garden's Wi-Fi Acceptable Use Policy.
The Garden’s Wi-Fi network is partially funded by a grant from the Arizona Community Foundation.
- Please wear comfortable shoes: many of the Garden’s paths are unpaved. Download a Garden Trail Guide.
- Please wear hats, sunscreen and sunglasses.
- Please bring and drink plenty of water. Water fountains are also located throughout the Garden.
- Although we do not permit outside food or beverage or picnicking on the Garden grounds, we offer dining at:
- Vending machines are located near Admissions.
- The Garden Shop hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily.
- Strollers for children 2 years or older (single stroller general public $6 | member $5, double stroller general public $8 | member $7) , electric scooters (general public $35 | members $30), wheelchairs (free) and umbrellas ($2) are available to rent on a first-come, first-served basis.
- During our busy season, all electric scooters may be rented out during certain time-frames. Therefore, the Garden does not guarantee the availability of electric scooters.
- A $20 refundable security deposit is required for all rentals, this includes wheelchairs.
- Disposable cameras, batteries and sunscreen can be purchased at the Garden Shop.
- The Garden is accessible to people with disabilities.
- The Garden is a non-smoking facility. Smoking is only allowed in the parking lot.
- The City of Phoenix has a taxi program for people with disabilities. Learn more here.
- Desert Botanical Garden is accessible by the Light Rail and Valley Metro bus system.
- The Valley Metro bus stops at the intersection of McDowell Rd. and 64th St. Please look for the gate at the southeast corner of the intersection and follow the short walking path to the Garden entrance.
- Bus service from the Light Rail stop at Priest and Washington is also available. Please take bus route 56 on Priest Drive, it will extend north along Galvin Parkway providing direct service to the Phoenix Zoo and the Garden.
- For complete Valley Metro bus routes and times, visit www.valleymetro.org or call 602 253.5000.
If using a Global Positioning System (GPS) device, the Garden's coordinates are:
- Degrees, Minutes: N 33 27.589 W 111 56.959
- Decimal: 33.45982,-111.94931
There are no general admission refunds due to inclement weather; however, the Garden reserves the right to close for safety during extreme weather conditions. If this occurs, the Garden will refund general admission fees to anyone already inside the Garden.
Individual ticketed events have their own rain policies and those will be displayed on specific event pages.
Call 480 941.1225 for more information.
No pets, except for service animals, are allowed in the Garden. Download our Service Dogs Policy for more information. According to Arizona State Law, AZ ST 13-2910, it is a Class 1 Misdemeanor to endanger a pet by leaving it in a vehicle.
The Garden encourages visitors to photograph or video tape the Garden for personal or educational purposes. Portrait shoots, such as family photography are permitted during the Garden’s general operating hours. No advance reservation is required. All members of the party, including the photographer and any assistants, must pay Garden admission fees. General admission fees must be paid despite the amount of time they will spend at the Garden. For groups of ten or more, please call 480 481.8104 for a discount.
Amateur photographers and visual artists may not use their representations of the Garden for any public purpose unless approved by the office of the Executive Director. Any questions about the definition of “public purpose” should be directed to the Director of Marketing at 480 481.8101.