Paper flowers are a perfect gift for Mother’s Day. Grab the kids and try your hand at this family friendly activity.
Conservation at home:
Instead of buying materials for this craft, reduce your carbon footprint by upcycling materials found at home.
- Tissue Paper (newspaper works well too)
- Paint or Markers (for decorating)
2. Fold the layers of tissue paper equally in an accordion style.
3. Fold the tissue paper in half. Tie the center with a piece of twin or thread. Make sure you secure it tightly. It should look like a bow tie.
4. (Optional) Cut both ends of your folded tissue paper in a curve. This will make the scalloped edges or petals of the flower.
5. Slowly and gently, unfurl your flower by pulling up one layer at a time towards the center.