Avocado Deviled Eggs
- 1 Avocado, peeled, halved, seed removed
- 2 tbsp cilantro, fresh leaves, minced, optional
- 1 Lemon, Zest of
- 6 Eggs, large, boiled, chilled, peeled
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Gently cut eggs in half, pop hardened yolks into mixing bowl. Rinse egg white “boats” in ice water and set on flat surface for filling.
In mixing bowl, mash together all ingredients with yolks until smooth.
Spoon or pipe filling into “boats”. Top with Nopales Relish (or topping of choice).
- 1/2 Red Onion, diced
- 1 Nopale (cactus pad) diced
- 1 Roma Tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup Corn, roasted and chilled
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and diced, if desired
- Salt to taste
Mix all ingredients together, store in airtight container up to 4 days.
- Recipe courtesy of Gertrude’s Restaurant.