Come. Sit. Play
Dogs' Day in the Garden
Now - January 25, 2014
8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
The Garden has gone to the dogs! Take advantage of this special opportunity to bring the whole family, dogs included, to the Garden. Spend time in the “doghouse” with vendors sampling the best dog food and treats. Sit and listen to special presentations ranging from making treats to keeping dogs safe in the desert environment. Go for a walk on Garden trails and heel for family photo opportunities, pet-friendly landscaping tips, and craft activities for both children and dogs. Don’t miss this tail wagging good time!
- Entrance to the event is included with paid Chihuly admission.
- Each dog $1.00. Proceeds benefiting Arizona Humane Society.
- Doga (Dog Yoga) – Conscious Community Yoga
- 8:10 a.m., 8:40 a.m., 9:10 a.m.
- Join us for an interactive yoga class that’s doggone relaxing. This 20 minute yoga class for you and your dog is the perfect start to your morning! First come, first served, as space is limited. Yoga mats will be provided.
- Obedience Tips - Sit Means Sit
- 9 a.m.
- Learn obedience tips for your pet from dog training pro Toni Drugmand.
- Dog Treat Baking Demonstration - Ken Furtado
- 10 a.m.
- Come grab a complimentary home-made treat for your pooch, get tips and recipes from Chef Ken on preparing simple and healthy dog snacks, and learn about alternative diets for dogs with food allergies.
- Care for Your Dog in the Desert – Leighton Oosthuisen
- 11 a.m.
- Leighton will teach you tactics for keeping your dog safe in the desert. Learn tips for snake avoidance, desert safety, and other activities for your dog.
The Patio Café will be open for guests to purchase food and beverages.
- All dogs must be on a leash and remain on marked trails at all times.
- All dogs must be up-to-date on all vaccinations and registrations.
- Handlers are required to pick up after their dogs and properly dispose of their waste.
- Desert Botanical Garden reserves the right to refuse entry to or remove any dog thought to be dangerous to other dogs or visitors.
- Dogs will only be admitted to the Garden between the hours of 8 a.m. and 12 p.m.
- Programming subject to change.