Savor the Halloween season with a creepy, crawly snack. Inspired by a Sonoran Desert species, these tasty tarantula brownies are a little sweet, a little salty, a little crunchy and a whole lot of fun.
Materials you will need include the following.
- Biscuit cutter (or knife)
- Parchment paper
- Edible eyeballs
- Chocolate chips/icing
- Pretzel twists
- Make brownies using your favoritte recipe or puchase premade ones from the store.
- Place baked brownies on parchment paper.
- Cut baked brownies into circles with a biscuit cutter or knife. (Note: brownies should be cool when you are cutting into them).
- Melt a ½ cup of chocolate chips in the microwave or on the stove top. (Skip if using icing)
- Using either the melted chocolate chips or icing, place a small amount on top of the cut brownies. (Note, place melted chocolate chips or icing near the center bottom part of the brownie).
- Place the edible eyeballs on top of the melted chocolate chips or icing.
- Break up the pretzels in two or three pieces around the curved edges.
- Insert eight pretzel legs, four on each side.
Learn more about creepy crawly critters, and get inspired to explore the desert this fall season.