The Desert Botanical Garden is pleased to offer the Desert Landscape program every year since 1997. To meet the increasing demand for landscape professionals, and in response to the hundreds of requests the Garden receives from the public each year for qualified landscapers, we developed this unique training and assessment program.
Some of the unique features of this program include:
- Entrance requirements – No previous experience or training is necessary. The only essential requirements are that a person has the physical ability to do landscaping work; they are motivated and interested in learning.
- Teaching methods – The Desert Landscape School program focuses on skill development rather than extensive classroom training to ensure that graduates will be confident in their new abilities. The school’s hands on style of learning is evidenced by the tree pruning and irrigation practice classes, and our final project where each class designs and installs a complete landscape for a local non-profit organization, such as Habitat for Humanity®.
- Desert Botanical Garden – Students will have ready access to thousands of different desert plants, regular contact with a knowledgeable staff, and networking opportunities with fellow students who may have similar interests.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
- Programs may be canceled due to insufficient enrollment.
- A full refund will be made in the event the Desert Botanical Garden cancels a program.
- A refund is available through the first week of the program less a $125 processing fee.
- Refunds cannot be issued for missed class sessions.
You may register now for the full program or for separate sessions/payments using the following online form or click here to print a registration form and mail or fax it.