Our Girl Scout Desert Discovery Program will create a fun and memorable experience for Girl Scouts as they learn about life in the desert. Girls will experience nature first-hand and will connect with each other and our desert community. Participants of each tour will receive a participation patch as they complete activities that help them fulfill requirements to earn Girl Scout badges.
Desert in the Dark | Register
Program fee: $9 / scout and $9 / chaperone
What is the desert like in the dark? Scouts will experience the Sonoran Desert at night while learning about the stars and nocturnal animals through this self-guided program. Available Thursdays and Saturdays from 7 - 9 p.m., June through August. All levels of Girls Scouts are welcome.
The Garden reserves the right to combine Troops and Individual Girl Members to minimum program requirements of 7 participants for any given program. If minimum participation is not met for a date/time, the Garden will offer date/time for reschedule.
Chaperone policy is no more than 1 adult for every 2 scouts at the reduced admission price. Chaperones in excess of this will be charged regular admission fees. Tag-along siblings and children in strollers are not permitted on the guided tours.
Paying for your guided field trip
Full payment or approved purchase order is due no later than 12 business days after your confirmation letter is emailed. Memberships and coupons may not be used toward guided tours as they are considered a special event. Make checks payable to Desert Botanical Garden and note the troop and confirmation numbers from your letter.
|Send check payment to:
Desert Botanical Garden
Attn: Business Office
1201 N. Galvin Parkway
Phoenix, AZ 85008
|Call or email Credit Card payment:
Phone: 480 481.8121
- All cancellations must be submitted in writing to: email@example.com and confirmed via email by Desert Botanical Garden. Phone cancellations will not be accepted.
- Full refunds are available for cancellations made at least 10 business days prior to scheduled guided tour.
- Cancellations made less than 10 business days prior to the event will incur a 30% cancellation fee unless rescheduling a guided tour to a later date.
- Cancellations made within 2 business days of the event will incur a 30% cancellation fee even if rescheduling a field trip to a later date.
- No shows on the day of the guided tour will not receive a refund.