Join us to explore and understand the wonders of the Sonoran Desert. Each month participants will take an informative hike followed by a tasty snack and a classroom investigation. Our uniquely designed curriculum blends hands-on, inquiry-based learning with a dose of fun and is taught by enthusiastic Garden staff and volunteers.
We will be finishing up the fall session where we looked at the overlap of art and science with a trip to the Marshall Butterfly Pavilion to think about pattern and symmetry.
During the winter sessions (January 15 and February 19) we will explore the world of invertebrate animals including spiders, worms and scorpions.
For ages 4-13.
For more information, please call 480 481.8123.
- Thursdays | November 20, January 15 and February 19
- 1 - 3 p.m.
- Members: $15 for first child, $10 for second child, $5 for each additional child
- General Public: $20 for first child, $15 for second child, $10 for each additional child
- No pre-registration required.
- Meet at Admissions.
- Price includes child and accompanying adult.
- Adult participation is optional.