Education through Travel and Adventure
Iceland: Land of Fire and Ice
Now - August 7, 2013
Seven-Day Cruise Package
Additional information and registration is available by calling Affinity Group Tours at 480 544.0144.
- Cruise rate from $3,975 (per person, double occupancy; rates do not include airfares)
Escape the summer heat and join Garden staff member Luana Vargas for an exceptional experience along the Arctic Circle. Much like our Sonoran home, the people and ecology of Iceland are shaped by weather and powerful geological forces. Experience this unique world as we cruise the coastline in the comfort of a superb mega-yacht and explore the natural wonders of the island. Iceland has become a top destination for experiencing pristine nature, gorgeous vistas and vibrant culture. Summers in Iceland are surprisingly warm, lush and green; with days lengthening until the sun dips but never sets. Birders will be especially excited to visit this country, home to huge colonies of kittiwake, razorbill, glaucous gulls and Arctic fulmar. On day six of this journey, you will visit the Vestman Archipelago, home to eight million puffins—the symbol of Iceland. Naturalists and photographers alike will find endless subjects among the breathtaking landscapes, geological features and wildlife.
Come along and experience an exotic, pristine and truly magical landscape!
The seven-night cruise package includes:
- seven nights in a deluxe outside stateroom on Le Boréal
- Zodiac landings and shore excursions
- Naturalist lectures
- Garden staff / host
- Airport to ship transfers
- Superb dining with all meals included during the cruise
- Mineral water, coffee, wine served with meals; afternoon tea, flat screen TV/DVD, internet access, safe, hair dryer, satellite telephone, French bath products, bath robe
- Onboard entertainment
- Optional bar package available for $45/person per day