To apply for an open position, please e-mail resume and letter of interest to Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to: 480 481.8173, or mail to:
Desert Botanical Garden
1201 N. Galvin Parkway
Phoenix, AZ 85008
Full-time | posted 7/24/14
Reporting to the Director of Planning and Exhibits, this position provides project management support for temporary exhibitions and permanent collection installations at the Desert Botanical Garden. The Exhibits Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of preparation, installation and de-installation of Garden exhibits, and is integral in developing budgets, contracts, schedules, and meetings. This position ensures the seamless completion of all exhibitions and installations.
The Exhibits Manager positon requires excellent organizational skills and careful attention to detail. Applicant should ideally have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in museum studies, exhibit design, graphic design, or a related field with a minimum of five years of progressive experience in project management.
- Gallery / museum experience with art installations
- Demonstrated skills in project management and leadership, including written and oral communications, and budget planning and management
- Demonstrated experience with exhibition design and installation, including label development and production
- Ability to work independently, creatively, collaboratively and effectively with staff, outside consultants and volunteers
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop a plus
The benefits of regular employment at the Desert Botanical Garden include a competitive benefits package*, complimentary family membership, employee admissions exchange, wellness initiatives and discounts.
Reasonable accommodation may be made, where necessary, to allow a qualified individual to perform essential job functions. Honored as one of the 2012 Best Places to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, the Desert Botanical Garden is an equal-opportunity employer.
*subject to eligibility requirements